10 Messy Braids You Can Totally Wear to Work
TEN Medium Length Hairstyles!!! | Twist Me Pretty (July 2019).
We've all dreamt of rolling out of bed in the morning with picture-perfect, woke-up-like-this messy hair, but nine times out of 10 we feel more hobo than boho. And though we take pride in our efforts to de-frizz, detangle and expertly style our mane, we're ready to put down the curling iron and embrace our beautifully disheveled tresses — even when we're prepping for work. That's where these effortless, HR-approved braids come in. They're the perfect way to hack misbehaving or second-day hair without spending hours on your ‘do. Scroll on for 10 work-ready styles that will have you choosing braids as your go-to professional look.
1. Mixed French Braid: Give your trendy boxer braids a romantic feel with this easy mixed-braid style. Simply pull apart the plaits for a gorgeously messy look, then entwine the two braids together for a fairytale aesthetic. An added bonus: This look works best with second-day hair! (via Twist Me Pretty)
2. Upside-DownBraided Bun: Channel those prima ballerina vibes with this super easy hair hack. French or Dutch braid your hair to give your office bun some extra dimension!
3. Half-Up Knots: Get a little knotty with your boardroom style. This twisted ‘do is a funky interpretation of your typical half-up braid.
4. Milkmaid Crown: Take the lazy-girl approach to your crown braid. This gorgeous style is a hybrid between a half-done, pulled-apart milkmaid braid and a super easy messy bun. Pull out a few strands of face-framing locks for that too-cool-to-care aura.
5. Chunky Half-Braid: Having trouble taming that mane? Create a thick and messy half-up braid to give your hair a put-together look while reining in your hair's unruly volume.
6. Topsy Tail Drop: Okay, so this isn't actually a braid. For those of you who have yet to master the fishtail braid, this topsy tail drop is an easy hack to get a similar look — while recreating one of our favorite '90s hairstyles, no less. (via Feminine Club )
7. Messy Half-Braid: Though tight braids are totally on-trend, they're not always the most comfortable. Keep things loose and easy with a relaxed half-up braid.
8. Braided Bun: Poised is your new middle name. Add an understated elegance to your nine-to-five style with this delicate messy braid twisted into a neat little bun.
9. Ponytail Braid: Give your flat, slept-on hair a little extra oomph. Create the illusion of a thicker mane with a chunky, pulled-apart ponytail braid.
10. Half Crown Braid: We love this casual spin on the traditional crown braid. Rather than wrapping the braid fully around your head, leave the excess hair to the side for a comfortable, no-fuss hairstyle that's still office friendly.
What messy braids would you rock to the office? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.