11 Prom Hairstyles That Prove the More Bobby Pins the Better
11 SUPER EASY HAIRSTYLES WITH BOBBY PINS FOR SHORT HAIR | Milabu (July 2019).
Okay, so you've found the perfect prom dress and secured your Zayn-status date (or assembled the ultimate girl squad) — what's next? Finding your picture-perfect hairstyle, duh! Many gals may be rocking some classic updos (read: Disney princess prom hairstyles), but we're always on the hunt for a look a with bit more edge. Enter these fierce pinned-up ‘dos proving that this prom season, the more bobby pins, the better. Whether you want to add some extra bling with metallic accents or are looking to bring some color to your neutral prom look, scroll through these 11 hairdos and find your *perf* hair for a memorable prom night.
1. Mane Message The First Date Bobby Pin Package ($9): Head into prom perfectly on trend with a geometric design added to your romantic ‘do. Try pairing the look with fishtail plaits for some majorly ethereal boho vibes.
2. A Cool Twist on a French Braided Bun: Wanna liven up your neutral-colored prom look? Add a pop of color to your dignified ‘do with some strategically placed, vibrantly colored bobby pins. (via Cosmopolitan)
3. The Side Sweep: Forget poised and polished; embrace your rebellious side on prom night. Create a bobby pin cluster (and a faux shaved hairstyle), with multiple colored bobbies for a unique look that's sure to turn heads. (via Refinery29)
4. The Fancy Fishtail: Transform your typical messy braid into the ultimate style statement. Add metallic bobby pins to your fishtail to give it a sleek and modern prom-ready look. (via Cosmopolitan)
5. Bun Crown: Don't be afraid to go a little punky. Add a fun twist to your elegant chignon with bobby pins positioned into eye-catching spikes. (via Free People)
6. Sunburst Ponytail: Bring some extra sparkle to your already dazzling night. This subtle sunburst is great for giving a simple pony some added dimension. (via Feminine Club )
7. Hashtag Waterfall Braid: Offset a soft waterfall hairstyle with a pop of metal. Think of this as the prom version of the mullet: sleek in the front and bohemian in the back. (via Cosmopolitan)
8. The Pompadour: Big hair, don't care. Highlight your on-point poof and voluminous curls with bobby pins placed to accentuate your hair's natural body. (via Refinery29)
9. Minimalist Pins: Give your bombshell curls an extra hit of style. Pin a few metallic bobbies into your glorious ‘do for a subtle yet fierce accent to a classic look. (via Byride)
10. French Crown Braid: Prom night tiaras are so overrated. Upstage the prom queen herself with this flawless crown braid ‘do. (via Feminine Club )
11. Hair Tattoos: In case you haven't heard, temporary hair tattoos are the must-have look of the summer. Head into prom like the trendsetter you are with shimmery hair tats paired with metallic bobby pins.
What hairstyle will you be rocking to prom? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.