13 Makeup YouTube Tutorials to Master Before Your Next Festival
THIS MAKEUP ARTIST IS A MASTER OF BODY PAINT ILLUSIONS (July 2019).
Yes, yes, Coachella has passed. But *festival season* is just beginning. And while we're sure you've got your outfit mapped out, your iPhone all charged and your food truck crawl plotted out, your style will be the ultimate show-stopper. Grab a makeup palette, some brushes and your laptop, and get to mastering one of these festival makeup tutorials on YouTube now, so you'll be ready just in time for the beat to drop.
1. Intergalactic Eye: While we saw everything from galaxy tees to galaxy Easter eggs a few years go, the cosmo look is now making its way onto your face. Learn how to play up your eyes in just the right out-of-this-world way. (via Cosmo by Haley)
2. Neon Everything: Whoever said you can't have a bold eye and a bold lip obviously never met Desi Perkins. We'd love to rock this on the daily, but really, a look this bold was destined to grab eyes for festival season. (via Desi Perkins)
3. Bubble Eyeliner: This spring trend is subtle enough to start incorporating into your weekend beauty looks now (like our beauty writer Septembre did here!), but we recommend saving it for the main (musical) event. (via Jenny Gonzalez)
4. Fairy Dust Makeup: Subtle but sweet, this fairy dust makeup will give you a glowing look that's gorg for festival season and perfect for pairing with a bold outfit when heading out to watch your fave musician do their thing. (via Sarocha B)
5. Rainbow Highlighter: Yes, we've seen this highlighter everywhere by now, but if you were one of the lucky few to grab one before they went on back order, you need to try Tati's tutorial. It not only gives you that light sheen highlighter is known for, it also shows you how to use the pigmented powder on your eyes. (via Tati)
6. Bright Red Undereye: For a far more grunge take on festival season, try this summer-perfect under-eye gradient look. (via AnchalMUA)
7. Neon Yellow Eyes: After Beyoncé's Lemonade release, we may be partial to yellow everything, but… these neon yellow eyes really *are* everything. Just saying. (via Chrisspy)
8. Rainbow Glow: Lose the bronzer. This look takes the rainbow trend to the next level: an entire rainbow facial glow. (via Danica Theobald)
9. Glitter Freckles: Yes, we love semipermanent tattoos like the next '90s gal, but there's something about DIY glitter freckles that really resonates with the free spirit in all of us. For next to nothing, you can look like you came off the pages of Nylon. (via CocosChristina)
10. Rainbow Eyeliner: Perfect for festival season or a Pride parade, this eyeliner satisfies all your rainbow wishes in one crisp swipe. (via Savannah Rose)
11. Neon Blue Everything: Blue is having a moment, so why shouldn't that moment continue into festival season? Master this tutorial and learn how to up your blue game properly, keeping your eyes and lips in place, even as your hair whips back and forth. (via airahmorena08)
12. Spotlight Smokey Eye: From spring trends to the jewelry you'll be decking yourself in, metallics are everywhere. But instead of rocking a bold necklace, let your eyes take center stage with this smokey look. (via Laura Lee)
13. 4 Secrets to Festival Makeup: And when all else fails, remember these tips to look like a seasoned attendee, no matter what festival you attend. (via Elsa Rhae)
Want more beauty tips? Follow us on Pinterest!