15 Freezer Meals to Take to New Moms
Freezer Meals for a Month! (July 2019).
Since you had so much fun doing all of the last-minute baby shower DIYs for your bestie, you'll love treating her to some freezer-friendly meals now that her little bundle of joy has finally arrived. Her days are going to be full of late-night feedings and trying desperately to iron out that 30-minute morning routine for moms, so any help she can get will be *majorly* appreciated. Keep scrolling for 15 recipes, from breakfast to dessert, that you can freeze and deliver to all of your new mommy pals.
1. Three Cheese Baked Ziti: Cheesy baked pastas are comfort food at their finest. Anyone would love to curl up with a big plate of this carb-loaded goodness after a long day, especially a new mom struggling to get a hot meal on the table. (via Averie Cooks)
2. Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies With Dark Chocolate: Cookies that double as breakfast are a win-win. Prepare the dough and freeze in scoops so the new family can make as many (or as few) as they like at a time. (via Cook Nourish Bliss)
3. Chicken Quinoa Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers: Stuffed peppers are a classic freezer-friendly dinner. Adding protein-rich chicken and quinoa to the dish will give the new mommy much-needed energy while keeping her full through evening wakeup calls. (via Well Plated)
4. Chickpea, Sweet Potato and Avocado Freezer Wraps: By the time lunch rolls around, there's a good chance Mom is too tired to make something for herself. Perhaps if it's as easy as popping a frozen wrap in the microwave, she'll actually stick to eating three proper meals a day. (via The Girl on Bloor)
5. Egg Muffins With Kale, Roasted Red Peppers and Feta Cheese: For most new families, breakfast probably means a bowl of cereal or a granola bar at best. These muffins are the perfect portion size and just as easy to warm up as pouring a bowl of Lucky Charms. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
6. Flourless Chocolate Birthday Cake: If you want to see tears of joy, roll up to the house of a new mom with a rich flourless chocolate cake. Honestly, don't bother freezing it for her, because she'll want to dive right in. If she does decide to freeze it, it will be good for up to three months. (via Away from the Box)
7. Homemade Baked Beans: Baked beans may seem like an odd choice for a freezer meal, but have you ever planned out a main course only to realize later that you have nothing to serve on the side? That's where these beans come in handy. They're so much better than the canned variety, and will come in handy in a pinch. (via The Cook's Pyjamas)
8. Freezer-Friendly Homemade Pizza Pockets: It's inevitable that new parents turn to store-bought freezer meals when desperation sets in. Why not replace a supermarket freezer staple with something comparable, but healthier and homemade? These pizza pockets are fully customizable with whatever fillings the happy couple prefers. (via The Girl on Bloor)
9. Healthy Mushroom Enchiladas: Mexican night can finally be more than just a quick Chipotle run. Your friends will be so impressed that you put so much time into preparing them an authentic healthy dish, you might be the new go-to for recipe suggestions. (via Natural Comfort Kitchen)
10. Creamy Mushroom and Ham Pies With Kamut and Spelt Crust: Nothing winds down the day quite like a savory pie in a flaky homemade crust. This recipe makes six pies, so they could easily feed a family of two (well, two adults) for a few meals. (via The Cook's Pyjamas)
11. Oven-Baked Spinach and Barley Arancini: Both the Italian rice balls and marinara sauce freeze beautifully and can be used in other dishes. Make a batch of both and your friends will have the option of using them together or separately. (via Bowl of Delicious)
12. Meyer Lemon Poppyseed Scones: These scones are dense, moist and full of lemony zest. One of these plus a cup or two of coffee is the perfect way to start the day. You could freeze them in the dough stage after you slice into triangles, then package the ingredients for the icing with directions so Mom can drizzle it on later after the scones are baked. (via Baker by Nature)
13. Spaghetti Pie: Spaghetti is known to be a weeknight lifesaver. Freeze this batch in a disposable pie tin or treat the new parents to a brand new dish they don't have to give back. Maybe throw in a loaf of frozen garlic bread and a bottle of wine for good measure. (via Simple, Sweet and Savory)
14. Slow Cooker Turkey, Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili: Good news: Chili freezes like a dream. This recipe is no exception, and is chock-full of nutritious ingredients that will make the new mom feel like Superwoman (even though she already should). (via Inquiring Chef)
15. Freezer-Friendly Taco Soup: This soup is great for you because it means you can clean out your refrigerator and make a big pot of soup with the contents. It's great for the new family because it's delicious and will keep in their freezer for several months. (via The Grateful Grazer)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.