16 Modern + Minimalist Ikea Hacks for the Bedroom
35 Most Brilliant DIY IKEA Hacks Ever (July 2019).
IKEA hacks are the best. Especially when they have the ability to transform your ordinary bedroom into a dreamy modern + minimalist space. If you're tired of the same old basic furniture/furnishings or just craving a good DIY, check out these bedroom IKEA hacks that'll turn your space into the epitome of modern chic. Set aside some time this weekend and DIY your IKEA goodies into the modern marvels you've always wished them to be.
1. Ombre Plant House: You can never have enough ombre in your home… or your life. Turn your IKEA stool into this stylish ombred-out home for your plants. For the best results, create the gradient look with a paint sprayer. (via Monsters Circus)
2. Pouf: Any space can do with a good sprucing up using a playfully patterned pouf. This IKEA footstool-turned-pouf is serious decor #goals. Choose a yard of your favorite patterned/printed fabric and bust out those sewing skills for this insta-chic DIY. (via Kristi Murphy)
3. Floating Credenza: There's something futuristic about this floating shelf, and we bet you dig it. This forward-thinking design started off as an ordinary IKEA shelf unit, which just proves anything is possible ;) (via Sugar & Cloth)
4. Lamp Frame: Remove the glass and backside from an ordinary frame (any color works, but white's a classic), and attach an IKEA LED light strip set inside the border. Whether you choose to place it on your entryway table or hang it on the wall, one thing's for sure: It'll make a lasting impression. (via Monsters Circus)
5. Pom Pom Blanket: What began as a basic IKEA blanket is now a playful and uber plush pom pom throw that can be used to cozy up your bed. Stick with white if you're partial to the classic look or experiment with varying shades of gray for added dimension. (via Passion Shake)
6. Tripod Lamp: Using the IKEA Hemma light cord set, you can DIY this contemporary tripod lamp that's all *shades* of awesome. Its bare materials (wood posts + leather strapping) and streamlined design practically scream modern minimalist. (via Kristi Murphy)
7. Modern Vanity: Turn a modest IKEA shelf into the ultimate modern vanity by sticking on tapered wood legs and pairing it with a statement mirror. The result is a one-of-a-kind vanity that's sure to save you extra $$$. (via A New Blooming)
8. Hanging Air Plants: Plants are always a good way to freshen up any space. If you're looking to liven up your bedroom with some greenery, this hanging air plants installation made from an IKEA rail is the way to go. (via Gathered Cheer)
9. Jewelry Dishes: It's hard to imagine these stunning jewelry dishes were once IKEA cork coasters. To turn them into these striking but simple dishes to store all your knick knacks, all you'll need is spray paint and masking tape. (via One O)
10. Dresser With Leather Pulls: Turn a plain and rather inexpensive piece of furniture like this dresser into a modern marvel using strips of leather. Secure the leather pulls using gold nails on the top portion of the drawers, and you've got one chic lookin' piece of furniture. (via Sugar & Cloth)
11. End Table: Upgrade your simple IKEA end table using marble contact paper or your favorite patterned contact paper. Pro tip: Just make sure to hold your contact paper taut when adhering it to the table surface. (via The Blondielocks)
12. Hanging Mirror: Add an organic, modern look to your bedroom wall with this easy DIY. Use rope to turn a basic IKEA mirror into a chic but natural-looking bedroom accent. (via Farm Fresh Therapy)
13. Nightstand: This IKEA side table gets a major upgrade with a simple spray paint and contact paper duo. For a warm aesthetic, opt for a metallic gold base. For a more monochrome black-and-white look, simply leave the base as-is once you've completed the contact paper DIY. (via Kristi Murphy)
14. Three-Tier Wooden Stand: This chic tiered wooden stand was actually made of IKEA chopping boards. If that doesn't blow you away, just think about how cool this stand would look holding all your vanity essentials. Curbly / Hello Lidy)
15. Speckled Jewelry Dish: Here's another set of IKEA coasters given new life. Their monochromatic color palette keeps the playful print at bay for a minimalist must-have. Give your bedroom a cohesive theme by repeating the DIY for speckled storage boxes or other furnishings. (via Enthralling Gumption)
16. Stikwood Headboard: This IKEA malm bed frame is super versatile. To achieve the reclaimed wood look, simply apply Stikwood (in the reclaimed barrel oak) to your bedframe. Be sure to lightly sand any parts of the natural wood that stick out a bit for a more refined look. (via Sugar & Cloth)
Which of these IKEA hacks will you try this weekend? Follow us on Pinterest for more decor inspo and ideas!