7 Movies on Netflix to Get You Through Your Breakup
Top 10 Best Netflix Romance Movies (July 2019).
For most people, breakups are kind of like taxes and death: a certainty, at least once in your life. If you're not blessed to find your soulmate in kindergarten, there's a good chance you'll weather a few heartbreaks in your day, and whether you're the person doing the breaking up (or paying someone else to do it for you) or the bad breakup breakee, it hurts. With that in mind, we've compiled a list of movies that are streaming on Netflix which are guaranteed to distract and console you.
1. A Walk to Remember: This 2002 movie was ahead of its time, with its tale of an ultimately doomed love between a popular bad boy (Shane West) and a quiet, terminally ill wallflower (Mandy Moore). Cry your eyes out and tell yourself it's not because of your own failed romance, it's because no matter how much he loved her he couldn't save her!
2. Clueless: You can watch this mid-'90s classic anytime. Really, it's just too good. But its depiction of young love and the utter confusion it often breeds is a fun way to remember that love isn't all heartbreak and sadness. Eventually, the clouds part and you realize what your heart has been trying to tell you all along.
3. Sixteen Candles: What's worse than a breakup? Having everyone forget your sixteenth birthday and being hopelessly in love with the most popular guy in school, of course.
4. Adventureland: Maybe you don't want a happy romp. If you're looking for something a little more grounded, this coming-of-age tale has all the confusion and drama that come with finding yourself, peppered with some hilar bits from Saturday Night Live vets Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader and Silicon Valley‘s Martin Starr.
5. Silver Linings Playbook: The love story between Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence's characters, damaged as they are by coping with life and its many (many) challenges, offers the promise that no matter what has happened to you, you can pick yourself back up.
6. Mona Lisa Smile: At the heart of this movie is female friendship, and there's nothing like talking to your closest pals when you're heartbroken. A pal who knows when you need to be cheered up and when you just need a quiet hug is a beautiful thing.
7. Charlie St. Cloud: When you're ready to start getting out there again, it can be scary! Watch this movie — or any Zac Efron movie, honestly — to remember one of the reasons dating can be so fun: very attractive people.
What's your must-see breakup movie? Tweet us @feminineclub!
(Featured photo via Netflix)