7 YouTube Barre Workouts You Can Totally Do from Home
LIVE Sculpt & Stretch Total Body Barre Workout (July 2019).
Finding the time and motivation to get our butts to the gym is a chore, let alone the workout itself. Luckily 2016 is the year of working out at home, with everything from quick core exercises to workouts that you can totally do with your kids all available on our trusty smartphones. But what about those trendy classes we've always wanted to try? Well, thanks to the magic of the Internet, we can now practice an entire week of barre workouts right from the comfort and convenience of our own home. All we need is a sturdy chair and some light weights.
1. The Look Good Naked Booty Barre: The key to a good barre workout is isometric strength training (AKA holding your body still while you contract a specific set of muscles). This booty bar home workout is a great intro class to the week — it's only 11 minutes long — because it pairs common exercises we all know with some key barre moves. Just be prepared for a sore rear tomorrow. (via Pop Sugar Fitness)
2. Barre and Pilates Ten-Minute Fusion: Working out on a Monday can be a pain, but this 10-minute workout is just the right length to convince us to get moving. Grab a chair, turn up your headphones and roll out your yoga mat — this short barre workout will get your heart elevated pronto. (via Pilates Happy Hour)
3. Booty, Abs and Arms Barre: In this 40-minute workout, you'll dive head first into the world of barre with designated glutes, abs and arms exercises. Although the routine is quite long, you'll be working one specific body part at a time, so it doesn't feel as draining as a typical cardio-packed session. (via Summer Girl Fitness)
4. Total Body Barre Workout: After a short stretch or warmup, check out this 10-minute barre workout. With easy to follow instructions and a handy calorie counter, it's an awesome way to get in your workout without having to gear up and leave the house. (via Fitness Blender)
5. Barre Home Arm Workout: A lot of barre workouts are focused on the legs, core and booty, but not this one. Taking a break from our lower halves, this cheeky bachelorette arm workout is a fun and intense way to strengthen up those arms. (via Sarah Fit)
6. Complete Glute Barre Class: It's fri-yay! Nothing says the start of a weekend like a good glute workout. Following Action Jacquelyn's awesome instructions and demonstrations, this short after-work routine is the perfect speedy session for a busy Friday night. (via Action Jacquelyn)
7. Barre Body Burner: With a little extra time to spare on Saturday, it's time for our final full-body barre workout of the week. This 40-minute workout tackles almost every basic and moderate barre movement, so be prepared to sweat, burn and learn a heck of a lot. (via Barre3)
What's your favorite barre workout to do at home? Let us know on Twitter by mentioning @feminineclub.
(Featured image via Getty)