8 Genius Makeup Products to Sweat-Proof Your Summer Look
No Foundation, No Concealer Easy Summer Makeup Look | Anaysa (July 2019).
High on our list of #goals this summer: makeup that really stays put, even when we're sweltering on the subway, in a throng of music festival-goers under a blazing hot sky or sweatin' to an oldie during a spin class. Let's be honest — when you're sweaty AF, sometimes waterproof makeup just doesn't cut it. If you're at risk of a true meltdown, oil-blotting and long-wear formulas are your best friends. These prods are able to withstand any kind of hot mess, and promise not to run when the going gets tough. Here are eight essentials that won't betray that you ever broke a sweat, even in the thick of summer.
1. Kiehl's Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+ ($38): You know the drill — apply sunscreen if you plan on spending time outdoors (and that would be every day this summer). So if you're looking to soak up the rays and the sweat, an oil-free formula with a matte, non-greasy finish, like this one from Kiehl's, is perfect. Add in free radical-fighting vitamin E and you're totally golden.
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector ($34): As temps rise, you've got to ditch the heavy stuff, and that includes foundation. But for anyone who still wants the coverage (hello, blemishes!), finding a lightweight formula that won't have a major meltdown is a chore. This one from Urban Decay lives up to its Naked name, with light-diffusing ingredients that cover up flaws beautifully, and is oil-free, so you don't risk a streaky mug during a marathon beach day.
3. Laura Mercier Baked Blush Illumine ($42): One sweep of this highlighting blush across the cheekbones is all you need to get you from commute to cocktails. The silky-smooth formula has non-oxidizing pigments, which means the color won't fade in the heat (even if you do).
4. Lancome Drama Liqui-Pencil Longwear Eyeliner ($23): This velvety pencil's color is really intense, like a liquid liner, and glides onto your lids smoothly. Better yet, your kitten eye will hold strong for a full 24 hours, even when things heat up.
5. Cover FX Matte Setting Powder ($32): Careening toward a sweat-fest? Dust this loose, silky powder over your foundation. The matte finish sops up shine and bolsters your makeup's staying power.
6. Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Work It Mascara ($10): This mascara literally goes the distance during serious sweat sessions; it was tested on real-life marathon runners. While you may not be toughing it out for a 26-miler, the volume-building blend of kale, carrot and quinoa won't smudge or run for 24 hours, even during hard-core pool lounging.
7. Hard Candy Brow Ink 24Hour Long Wear Brow Stain ($6): A cool ink-gel formula fills out your brows, darkening and defining them, so they look naturally thick. Don't worry about the color rubbing away as you mop your brow — the henna fruit formula will stay on for a whole day.
8. Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick ($24): Is there anything worse than lipstick feathering off? Thanks to technically advanced polymers that hold the color on your lips, Smashbox's long-wear, water-resistant lipstick won't budge for eight hours, and its featherweight formula makes you (almost) forget you've got it on.
Want more makeup ideas? Follow us on Pinterest for beauty inspo + product recs.
Feminine Club may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.