These Tributes to Christina Grimmie from The Voice Judges Will Break Your Heart
Selena Gomez, Fifth Harmony & More Pay Tribute to Christina Grimmie (July 2019).
Christina Grimmie was a rising star taken far too soon. A YouTube sensation early on (she has 3.2 million plus followers), and later, a contestant on the sixth season of The Voice, Christina ultimately didn't win the show, but she did come pretty darn close, placing third in the competition.
Since then, she's been making her mark on the music biz, touring with the likes of Selena Gomez and Rachel Platten, performing as the chosen Macy's rising star at the iHeartRadio music fest in 2015 and finally, hitting the road with band Before You Exit when she was gunned down by an audience member at just 22 years old.
Her former judges, co-stars and friends have since taken to social media to share their deepest condolences. Read their truly devastating tributes below.
1. Adam Levine: As her The Voice coach (Christina came in third), arguably none were closer to Christina than Adam Levine, who posted this adorable photo of the two together prior to the official announcement of her death, saying, "I'm sad, shocked and confused. We love you so much Grimmie. We are all praying that you can pull through this…this just isn't fair."
He later reposted the photo via Twitter, writing, "Behati and I are absolutely devastated and heartbroken by Christina Grimmie's death. Our hearts go out to her family."
2. Christina Aguilera: Xtina also took to Twitter to share her thoughts, posting the above sentiments.
3. Blake Shelton: The co-host followed Christina Grimmie's condition in real time via social media, asking fans for updates in a thread that ended with the above note.
4. Usher Raymond: Usher, who was also a judge on Christina's season, offered his respects as well.
5. Carson Daly: As the host of The Voice, Carson remembers Christina fondly: He actually had her pegged to win, as he revealed to E!.
6. Pharrell Williams: Though Pharrell didn't join the cast until season 7, the news hit close to home for the hitmaker.
Christina's mourners reached far beyond her former co-stars, however. Also paying their respects? A slew of other stars, like Selena Gomez and Nick Jonas, who knew Selena personally, and others who were just as shocked as the rest of us to see such a bright light taken so young.
7. Selena Gomez: Christina actually opened up for Selena on her Stars Dance tour in 2013, so the loss was an especially personal one for the Disney star.
8. Nick Jonas: Nick posted this sweet photo, writing, "#ripchristina."
9:Zendaya: Zendaya, like the rest of us, tried to make sense of the shocking occurrence.
10. Demi Lovato: Outspoken as ever, Demi expressed her anger over the incident, writing "What the f*ck is wrong with people," before posting this sad message.
11.Rachel Platten: Christina has also opened up for the "Fight Song" singer, who posted several fan vids of the two together, along with this touching message.
RIP, Christina. You'll forever be missed.
Are you reeling over this tragic news? Share with us over @feminineclub.