Tone It Up Girls' Secrets for Feeling Your Best for Summer
Your Bikini Series Meal Plan ~ Get Slimming Summer Recipes! (July 2019).
Karena and Katrina, the founders of the ultra-popular site and program Tone It Up, have reached internet celebrity status thanks to their AMAZING (and fun!) exercise plans that give real benefits, life-changing healthy living tips and tasty recipes like macro bowls. The two trainers from Southern California help people maximize their energy to become even more fit and fabulous than they already are. Since we're obsessed with how they empower girls and women everywhere, we were beyond excited when they agreed to share 10 of their top tips with us. Even better? Every suggestion they gave us takes LESS than 10 minutes to do. Seriously! Scroll on for their #TIU advice, which is sure to help you feel like the best possible version of yourself this summer.
1. Get your BOOTY call in. Raise your heart rate, get sweaty and tone that TUSH! We always suggest to work out in the morning because it will help increase your metabolism and energy levels for the rest of the day. Try our Snooze Button Workout on days you're pressed for time. It's a quick, energy boosting sweat sesh.
2. Foam roll. We foam roll EVERY DAY and love it. Not only is foam rolling like getting a mini-deep tissue massage (for free), but it also helps relieve those sore muscles from when you were kickin' booty during your workout. A total win-win.
3. Try a coffee scrub. But first, coffee. The caffeine in the coffee scrub will help increase circulation, causing your skin to feel and look smooth and vibrant for when you're rocking that super flattering swimsuit on the beach. To make the scrub we love, mix two tablespoons of coffee grounds with one tablespoon coconut oil and one tablespoon of sugar. Scrub along your arms and legs and be careful to avoid your face.
4. Lower your stress levels. Find a quiet space, close your eyes and imagine yourself on a warm sandy beach with the waves crashing around you. Feels nice, right? Taking 10 minutes out of your day to sit down and visualize this calming scenario will help your stress levels go down. Always a good thing :)
5. Take a few minutes for a "mini spa." Take a bit of time to treat yourself! Put on your favorite face mask (we love our Beach Clay Masque) and slice up a cooling cucumber for your eyes. Your skin will love you and your mind will get a bit of a breather. Practice your visualization during this time too for a solid double whammy and a super effective use of time.
6. Drink up! Carry a reusable bottle of water with you ALL the time. Hydration is important for keeping your skin looking healthy, decreasing muscle soreness and speeding up recovery. Not a fan of the H2O? Try sparkling water with a squeeze of lime.
7. Get some vitamin E by snacking on avocado. Avocados are filled with anti-aging vitamin E, and with all the time you'll be spending with your BFFs in the sun, giving your skin some extra love should be high on your healthy to-do list. We love to spread a half avocado over a slice of Ezekiel toast and top if off with a sprinkle of dried chili flakes. (PS: This is our fave tomato and cucumber avocado toast of all time, YUM!)
8. Put on your fave swimsuit. When you love what you're wearing, you'll automatically feel way more confident as well. Since nobody has time for strutting around in something you don't love, treat yourself for working so hard and snap up the bikini, one piece or summer dress that you've been eyeing. You deserve it!
9. Practice your posture. Standing up straight is better for your overall health and helps boost your confidence level. It's true — just a slight tweak in your posture can make you feel like a total rockstar. Practice nailing your power stance to feel yourself adopt a more positive mentality, too!
10. Appreciate yourself. Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are a strong and sexy woman, because you ARE. Nothing is sexier than a woman who knows that she is beautiful, healthy and strong inside and out.
Will you try any of Katrina and Karena's tips? Tell us which ones on Twitter, or share your pics with us on Instagram @feminineclub!
(Photos via Katrina and Karena of Tone It Up)